A MYTILINEOS SOLAR PROJECT.
Acknowledgement to Country
We would like to acknowledge the Wiradjuri people, Traditional Custodians of the land on which this solar farm site is located, and we pay our respects to their Elders past and present. The site is located in the Riverina region of NSW. The area is within the area widely acknowledged to be part of the Wiradjuri language group and the Wiradjuri language was the most widespread in NSW prior to European occupation.
As part of the global shift toward clean, sustainable energy, Mytilineos is constructing and managing a solar farm that will produce about 75 Megawatts (MW) of power by converting energy from the sun to electricity through the use of photovoltaic modules (solar panels). Situated 7.5 km north east of West Wyalong in New South Wales and occupying approximately 160 hectares of land, the Wyalong Solar Farm will generate enough electricity to power 27,000 average Australian homes, whilst also creating 150 jobs during construction and full and part-time positions during operation.
The project will provide sustainable, clean energy by converting energy from the sun to electricity through the use of photovoltaic modules (solar panels). The project is now under construction, and planned to complete construction towards the end of 2022.
This project website will provide the following information:
- Environmental Impact Statement (EIS) and response to submissions;
- the final layout plans for the development;
- information about the approvals for the development;
- Assessment report and development consent;
- approved strategies, plans or programs required under the conditions of this consent as listed below;
- the proposed plans for staging of the construction, operations or decommissioning of the development;
- how to make complaints;
- a register of previous complaints;
- compliance reports
there hasn’t been complaints, thus there’s no report to be included here;
- results of any independent environmental audit, and the Mytilineos’ response to the recommendations in those audits;
- any other matter required by the Secretary of the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment.
- All EIS submissions and documents are available on NSW Major project website
This information will be kept up to date as relevant to the stage of the development, and as the progress progresses through the construction and into operation phases.
Approved strategies, plans or programs
The construction of the solar farm is complete and operational.